The skincare range by Dr. Jetske Ultee is extremely mild and suitable for all skin types. But because of the high concentrations of active ingredients, it is important to introduce the products gradually. How do you do this?
The 5-step plan
The Dr. Jetske Ultee products are part of a 5 step plan for the daily care of skin. The products contain high concentrations of active substances such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Niacinamide, Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid. These substances can relieve symptoms such as redness, pigmentation spots, impurities and fine lines. The skin does, however, first need to get used to them. It is therefore important that all the steps are introduced gradually. This will make it easier to trace back a possible reaction to a product.
Introduce the products step-by-step
- Apply each product separately on the inside of the arm. Do this in the morning and in the evening. Does your skin react well*?
You are now ready for the next step.
- Start with the Cleanser, Toner and Moisturizer on the face. To begin with apply the Moisturizer every other day. Do you feel a slight tingling after applying the cream? This may happen momentarily. If you see that your skin reacts well to the Moisturizer then you can begin applying it each day. The speed with which the products can be introduced differs per person. Therefore keep a close watch on the skin.
- The next step is the introduction of the Exfoliant. You begin applying this when the skin has become accustomed to the Cleanser, Toner and Moisturizer. Start by applying the Exfoliant two to three times a week in the evenings after the Toner. Do not rinse the product off.
- Start using the Suncare at the same time as the Exfoliant, as exfoliating makes the skin more sensitive to sunlight. Apply the sun cream daily in the mornings after the Moisturizer.If the UV index is 3 or higher re-apply the sun cream every two hours.
- Download our instructions for use leaflet for more information.
Check your skin’s needs each day
Your skin’s requirements can vary from day to day. Tune the products to this. Does your skin seem dry? Then cleanse your skin once a day instead of twice. Apply cream more frequently followed by a touch of Vaseline. Is your skin slightly oilier? Just use the Toner and leave out the Moisturizer then.
*there is no redness, itching, dryness or a burning sensation.